If you don’t have an Auvik account yet, register for a free trial to get started.
The system where you want to install the Auvik collector needs at least one CPU, 2GB of RAM, and 1GB of available disk space. You also need to be running either Windows 10 or higher, or any server running Windows Server 2012 or higher.
- If you’re installing a collector for a new site, choose Install Windows Service from the collector installation options.
- If you want to install the collector on a site where already a collector is or was already installed, click Auvik collectors from the side navigation bar.
- Click the Add Auvik collector button.
- Click Download Windows installer. This downloads the Auvik installer.exe file and generates a temporary API key, which you’ll use for installing the collector. Copy the temporary API key by clicking the copy icon beside it. You don’t need your Auvik user API key for installing this collector. Click Close to close this window.
- Double click on the Auvik installer.exe file you just downloaded. You may be asked whether you want to install this file to make changes to your device. Confirm by clicking Yes.
- You’ll be asked to provide your email address, API key, and the domain prefix of the site where you want to install the collector. Fill in the details and click Authenticate.
- You’ll see a green check mark on Connect to Auvik. Now you can change the installation folder to your desired folder or leave it as the default (C:\Auvik). Click Confirm.
- The collector will install. You’ll see a message that says “Collector installed successfully.” Click Finish.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed the Auvik collector.
If you run into difficulties during this process, try again and make sure that the host machine is connected to the internet. If you’re still having issues, contact Auvik support for more help.