An Auvik collector is assigned to a site or a multi-site in the case of a shared collector. This site is set when the collector is first installed or downloaded, but it can be changed later.
You might want to change the site of the collector for any of the following reasons:
- An existing site-specific collector is becoming a multi-site collector.
- An existing multi-site collector is becoming a site-specific collector.
- Your Auvik site or multi-site was renamed and you’ve been advised by Auvik support to change the collector’s site.
- You’ve been advised by Auvik support to follow these steps for another reason.
To change the site a virtual collector is assigned to, complete the following steps:
- Log into the server that’s hosting your Auvik collector. If you’re not sure which device this is, you can find the IP address of the host by clicking Auvik Collectors on the navigation panel on the site.
- Access the collector console, either directly from your hypervisor or through SSH.
- From the collector console, click 7 to reconfigure collector tenant settings.
- Enter the new domain prefix and click Enter.
- Enter the email address of a user with collector management permissions on the new domain prefix and click Enter.
- Enter the password or API key for the user from step 5, and click Enter.
- Click y to confirm the new settings.
- From the site’s dashboard, approve the collector. For details on completing this step, see How do I manage my collectors?