You can enable SNMP from the HP Procurve command line. You’ll need Telnet, SSH, or serial (console) access to the HP Procurve device.
- Telnet, SSH, or serial (console) into your Procurve device with a manager account.
- Enter configuration mode by typing:
- Issue the following commands:
snmp-server community community_string
Replace “community_string” with your desired community string.
- Commit running configuration changes to startup configuration memory by typing:
- If you used a community string other than public or private, add it to Auvik by following these steps.
All done! Your HP Procurve device can now be discovered and monitored using Auvik.