With this added format, you can “edit” maps using tools outside of Auvik (such as Visio) to add additional annotations, move the network elements, and resize the icons. You can also use the exported version as a base diagram to create more network diagrams as part of future planning and include them in reports.
This option will augment the existing PDF & SVG formats.
For instructions on how to export the map, click here.
Sample map in Lucidchart
The exported file format is .vsdx, which means you can open it with applications that support this format. For example:
- Microsoft Visio
Note: Lucidchart and draw.io do not support all the features that are available in Microsoft Visio; as a result some differences in behavior are expected
The exported map represents the fully expanded network map for your site
- IE: Without any collapsing or filters
- The connections on the map are drawn with straight edges as opposed to the curved lines used in the Auvik network map
- Users can add additional annotations with labels containing the node name
- Users can export a filtered view of the map after applying the required filters.
Limitations that you should be aware of are:
- The order in which devices appear in the exported graph may be different than the order that devices appear in the Auvik network map
- Currently there is no stencil set provided for Auvik’s icons
Label styling does not directly match the labels in Auvik’s network map
- IE: There is no box surrounding the label
- Large networks may experience performance issues when loading the file, large networks may have some devices cut off in order to fit within the page size constraints
How to access the master shapes in Visio’s palette
The master shapes are not visible by default; you have to turn on the visibility first.
In the shapes panel, click More Shapes > and then click Show Document Stencil, and our master shapes appear under the document stencil shape group: