If your employees are using single sign-on with your identity provider, Microsoft work accounts, or Google Workspace accounts to log in, you need to reset the two-factor access (2FA) tokens in those systems respectively. The two-factor token resets apply only to your Auvik 2FA.
How to Identify Which Two-Factor Authentication Provider in Use
On your Auvik site:
- Go to the bottom of the screen where your name appears
- Click Edit Profile
- The Two-Factor authentication provider set by your administrator will appear on this screen
- Reset the password with that authenticator
How to Reset Your Own 2FA Token
Have your phone ready, as you’ll be asked to scan the QR code and enter a one-time code.
- From the side navigation bar, click your username.
- Click Reset Two-Factor Authentication.
- Scan a QR code and enter a one-time code. If you’re having problems scanning the QR code, click Can’t scan the QR code? to reveal the key for the QR code. The key can be entered into an authenticator that accepts keys.
Reset the 2FA Token If You Are The Administrator:
- Click Manage Users in the side navigation bar.
- In the displayed list of users, find the user(s) for whom you want to reset the Auvik two-factor token. Check the box at the beginning of that person’s row.
- Click Reset 2FA.
Once these steps have been completed, the user will receive an email indicating that their 2FA has been reset.
A reset requires the user to re-scan their QR code the next time they log in.
If you are the administrator and the only person in your company with the ability to reset the 2FA, please contact Auvik Support for assistance.