Auvik can gather hardware lifecycle detail for all of your Cisco devices. For this detail to be gathered, you need to add your Cisco API key to Auvik.
How to generate an API key
Cisco support APIs are available to Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) customers, and Partner Support Service (PSS) partners. To find out your client ID, and generate the secret for your Cisco account, please reach out to your Cisco representative.
- EOX V5 API
- Software Suggestion API V2
- Product Info API 1.0
- Serial Number to Information API Version 2
How to add API credentials
Note: If you have a single SNTC or PSS portal to manage all clients Cisco devices, you’ll want to add the API credentials to your MSP dashboard.
- Click Discovery in the side navigation bar.
- Click the Manage Credentials tab.
- Click the API Credentials tab.
- Hover over the Add API Credentials button and choose Cisco.
- In Auvik, fill in the following detail:
- Credential name
- Client ID (as provided by Cisco)
- Secret (as provided by Cisco)
- Click Test Connection to confirm your settings are accurate.
- Click Save.