You can enable SNMP from the Lenovo XClarity controller web interface. You’ll need admin access to the XClarity device to make these changes.
- Log into the controller’s web interface.
- From the side navigation, click BMC Configuration.
- Click Network.
- Check the box to enable the SNMPv3 agent.
- In the BMC Contact field, enter the name of the contact person.
- In the Location field, enter the site name.
- Click USER/LDAP under BMC Configuration.
- Click the edit button on the USERID user, or create a new user by clicking the + Create button. Set a password or use the default password for the user.
- Ensure the access level is set to supervisor privileges.
- Check that your SNMP settings are set as shown:
- Access Type: Get
- Address for traps: [empty]
- Authentication protocol: None
- Privacy protocol: None
- Privacy password: None
- Confirm password: None
- Click Apply.
- If you used a community string other than public or private, add it to Auvik by following these steps.
All done! Your Lenovo XClarity controller can now be discovered and monitored using Auvik.