How to generate an API key
All Datto integrations share a single API key. If the networking API is already enabled, you can skip the steps below and simply copy the API public and secret keys.
- Log into the Datto cloud controller web portal.
- From the top navigation, hover over Admin. Click Integrations.
- Click Networking.
- Click Enable Networking API.
- Copy the generated public API key and save it in a safe place.
- Click Reveal to show the secret API key. Copy and save the secret API key in a safe place.
How to add API credentials
Note: If you have a single cloud controller portal that hosts multiple clients, you’ll want to add the cloud controller to your MSP dashboard.
- Click Discovery in the side navigation bar.
- Click the Manage Credentials tab.
- Click the API Credentials tab.
- Hover over the Add API credentials button and choose Datto.
- In Auvik, fill in the following detail:
- Credential name
- API key (copied from the cloud controller web portal)
- API secret (copied from the cloud controller web portal)
- Click Test Connection to confirm your settings are accurate.
- Click Save.
If you’ve added the controller from your MSP dashboard, there’s one final configuration step: mapping your clients to the appropriate network.
If you’ve added the controller from your client dashboard, there’s one final configuration step: managing the appropriate network.