How to generate an API key
To connect to your cloud controller, you need to generate an API key. The user for whom the API key is being generated must have access to all organizations that are to be managed from your MSP dashboard.
If you have Login IP ranges enabled in your cloud controller web portal, you can’t currently connect to Auvik. We’re working on a way to allow you to set IP ranges for your cloud controller. Right now, however, you’ll need to allow all IP addresses access for the integration with Auvik to function.
- Log into the Meraki cloud controller web portal.
- If your Meraki dashboard is used for multiple organizations, selection the organization you want to see the dashboard for. (If your Meraki dashboard supports only one organization, skip to step 3.)
- From the side navigation, hover over Organization. Click Settings.
- Confirm that Enable access to the Cisco Meraki Dashboard API is checked. If not, check it to enable API access and click Save.
- From the side navigation, click the next organization and repeat steps 3 and 4. (If your Meraki dashboard supports only one organization, skip to step 7.)
- Repeat step 5 for all organizations where API access is to be enabled.
- Click my profile.
- Scroll down to API access.
- Click Generate API key.
- Copy the API key.
- Click Save.
How to add API credentials
If you’ve added the controller from your MSP dashboard, there’s one final configuration step: mapping your clients to the appropriate network.
If you’ve added the controller from your client dashboard, there’s one final configuration step: managing the appropriate network.
- Click Discovery in the side navigation bar.
- Click the Manage Credentials tab.
- Click the API Credentials tab.
- Hover over the Add API Credentials button and choose Meraki.
In Auvik, fill in the following detail:
- Credential name
- API key (copied from the cloud controller web portal)
- Click Test Connection to confirm your settings are accurate.
- Click Save.