You can enable SNMP from the pfSense web interface. You’ll need web access to the pfSense device.
- Log into the web interface of your pfSense firewall.
- Click on Services > SNMP.
- Check Enable the SNMP Daemon and its controls.
- Make sure the polling port is 161. Enter the community string you’d like to use.
- Make sure all the SNMP modules boxes are checked.
- Select the interface to which to bind the SNMP daemon. Typically, this will be the name of your LAN interface in pfSense.
- Click Save.
- If you used a community string other than public or private, add it to Auvik by following these steps.
All done! Your pfSense device can now be discovered and monitored using Auvik.