It’s possible to configure HP ProCurve switches to go directly to a text-based menu when logging in by SSH or Telnet instead of going to the CLI. But Auvik uses the CLI to communicate with devices, so configuring a ProCurve to use the text-based menu prevents Auvik from logging into the device.
If your ProCurve is set up to go directly to the text-based menu, you’ll need to configure it to use the CLI instead.
- Log into your ProCurve using SSH or Telnet.
- Select Run Setup in the menu either by hitting 8 or using the arrow keys then hitting enter.
- Using the arrow keys, select Logon Default.
- Hit space to change Logon Default to CLI.
- Hit enter to switch to the Actions menu.
- Select Save and hit enter.
All done! Your ProCurve will now enter the CLI when logging in with SSH or Telnet and Auvik.
If the switch’s login credential doesn’t already exist in Auvik, add it. See How to add, edit, delete or retry login credentials? if you need help.