By default, pfSense has two security settings enabled that prevent the use of Auvik’s remote browser. To be able to use Auvik’s remote browser functionality with a pfSense firewall, the following configuration changes are necessary. These steps have been tested on 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1.
- In Auvik, bring up the dashboard for the pfSense device. You can do this by clicking on the device on the map, or by clicking on the device name in either Discovery > Manage Devices or Inventory > All Devices.
- Hover over Remote Management and click Remote Browser.
- Copy the URL of the remote browser for your pfSense device.
- From the pfSense web console, navigate to System > Advanced.
- In the Alternate Hostnames field, paste the URL you copied in step 3. Remove the https:// from the URL. Also removing the trailing / from the URL.
- Check the box for Disable HTTP_REFERER enforcement check.
- Click Save.
You can now access your pfSense firewall using Auvik’s remote browser. If the device is ever deleted from Auvik and later rediscovered, the URL for the remote browser in step 3 will change. In such a situation, repeat the steps outlined above.