There are two different methods to enabling SNMP on a Citrix NetScaler device. One method is through command-line interface (CLI) and the other is through the graphical user interface (GUI).
Using the CLI to enable SNMP
You can enable SNMP from the NetScaler command line. At the command prompt, type the following command to set the parameters:
add snmp manager <IPAddress>
Make sure you substitute the Auvik collector's IP address between the parentheses. Example: >
add snmp manager 192.168.2.16
Now use the following command to verify the Auvik collector has been successfully added:
show snmp manager
To specify an SNMP community, type the following:
add snmp community <communityName> <permissions>
Replace communityName with your desired community string. If you used a community string other than public or private, add it to Auvik by following these steps.
For permissions, you need only a get permission. Example: >
add snmp community public get
Now verify the SNMP community with the following command:
show snmp community
Using the NetScaler GUI to enable SNMP
You can also enable SNMP on your NetScaler device by using the configuration utility. You must use a Java-enabled browser to use the configuration utility.
- From a Java-enabled web browser, open the configuration utility with the NetScaler management IP address.
- On the Configuration tab in the navigation pane, expand System, then expand SNMP.
- Click Managers.
- In the details pane, click Add.
- In the Create SNMP Manager Community page, set the following parameters:
- SNMP Manager—IPv4 address of the Auvik collector.
- Community—The SNMP community string.
- Click Add, then click Close.
- If you used a community string other than public or private, add it to Auvik by following these steps.