If you have a Dell SonicWALL NSA 2400 series running SonicOS 5.8 or higher, you may notice the following behaviour:
- When attempting to establish a remote terminal session to the firewall within Auvik, the connection can’t be established.
- When attempting to establish a Telnet / SSH session to the firewall outside of Auvik (e.g., from PuTTY), the connection is already in use and a new connection can’t be established.
Although these SonicWALL devices support for multiple sessions, the sessions are limited to a single IP address. To establish a connection from a different IP address, you’ll need to flush the existing SSH connection.
- Log into the SonicWALL’s web admin interface. This can be accomplished one of two ways:
- From a new browser window, enter the device’s IP address in the address bar.
- From Auvik, locate and select the device to view device details. Click on the Remote Manage button and select Remote Browser.
- From the side navigation of the SonicWALL web admin, select System > Diagnostics.
- Ensure Connection Monitor is selected from the Diagnostics Tool dropdown.
- From the list of active connection monitors, locate the row with the Flow Type of SSH.
- Click the Flush button at the end of its row.