Note: Due to interface variations on various models and firmware versions of Tripp Lite devices, these steps should be considered a guideline. If you’d like help configuring your specific Tripp Lite device, contact Auvik support.
To enable SNMP, you need:
- Administrative access to the web interface of the UPS, and
- A network management card installed (SNMPWEBCARD) on the UPS.
Here are the steps to enable SNMP:
- Log into the Power Alert web interface.
- Navigate to the Preferences tab and the Network menu.
- Select Services from the list on the left.
- Make sure the “Enable SNMPv1” box is checked. Select “Enable SNMPv2c” if you’d prefer that version to be used.
- Check the “Automatically Start SNMP” box.
- (Optional) If you want to use a non-standard community string, enter it now.
- Save your changes.
- If you used a community string other than public or private, add it to Auvik by following these steps.