You can enable SNMP from the Cisco IOS command line. You’ll need Telnet, SSH, or serial (console) access to the Cisco device.
- Telnet, SSH, or serial (console) into your IOS device.
- If required, enter global configuration mode by typing
enablethen entering your escalated privilege credentials.
- Enter configuration mode by typing
- Issue the following command:
snmp-server community community_string RO
- Note: Replace community_string with your desired community string.
- Exit configuration mode by typing
- Commit running configuration changes to startup configuration memory by typing
- If you used a community string other than public or private, add it to Auvik by following these steps.
All done! Your Cisco IOS device can now be discovered and monitored using Auvik.