To set up an Auvik integration to Freshdesk, first complete the steps below to configure Freshdesk. Then create the new integration in Auvik.
- Communications between Freshdesk and Auvik
- Configure Freshdesk
- Managing multiple locations
- Adding the new Freshdesk integration in Auvik
- Finding alerts
Communications between Freshdesk and Auvik
Integration between Freshdesk and Auvik can be set up for two-way communication.
Two-way communication flows from Auvik to Freshdesk and back to Auvik. Auvik creates a Freshdesk service ticket for any specified alert within Auvik. Closing the service ticket in Freshdesk then flows information back to Auvik to automatically dismiss the associated alert.
Creating a new integration
To set up a new integration between Auvik and Freshdesk, first retrieve the callback URL from Auvik.
- From the Auvik dashboard, click Integrations in the side navigation bar.
- Hover over the Add Integration button, and choose Freshdesk.
- Fill in the details for the new integration in Auvik.
- Copy the callback URL by clicking the Copy button. The URL will look something like https://nanook.my.auvik.com/integrations/freshdesk/52b6f548-e031-4a98-a334-b83efdcfef68
Now follow the steps in Configuring Freshdesk to set up the new integration.
To integrate using a Freshdesk username and password, enter the Freshdesk credentials into the Add Integration form within Auvik. Otherwise, to integrate Freshdesk and Auvik using the API key, first locate and copy the API key.
- In Freshdesk, click the user icon in the top right corner and select Profile Settings.
- Copy your API key.
Now follow the instructions for adding an observer rule.
Add an observer rule
- Click the Admin tab in the Freshdesk navigation menu.
- Under Helpdesk Productivity, click Observer.
- Click New Rule.
- Set a name and description for the new rule.
- Fill out the form as follows:
- When ANY of these events occur > Status is changed from Any Status to Any Status
- and the events are performed by > Anyone
- perform these actions > Trigger Webhook
- request type > POST
- Paste the callback URL copied from the Auvik Add/Edit Integration form
- Content > Ticket ID and Status
- Click Save.
Customer ticket association
Tickets in Freshdesk are linked to a specific customer. To associate the alerts for a specific customer, you will need to locate the domain set on the company you want in Freshdesk.
- In Freshdesk, click the Customers tab in the navigation menu, then click Companies.
- Locate and click the name of the company the tickets are to be associated with. If the company doesn’t yet exist in Freshdesk, click New Company to create the company.
- Copy the domain set on the company. If the company doesn’t have a domain defined, add one by clicking Edit in the top right corner of the company page.
Managing integrations for multiple locations
Single network with multiple locations
Be aware that Auvik can’t currently distinguish alerts that come from different locations (say, the Cleveland office and the Houston office) on a network running a single Auvik virtual appliance. All of your Auvik alerts will drip into a single Freshdesk feed.
Multiple networks across multiple clients
How to add a new Freshdesk integration
Freshdesk integrations must be managed from each of your client’s dashboards. Don’t worry—we’re looking at enabling the management of Freskdesk from your MSP dashboard in coming releases.
To confirm the correct password was entered before saving, click the eye () in the password field to show the password. To hide the password, click the eye () again.
- Click Integrations in the side navigation bar.
- Hover over the Add Integration button, and select Freshdesk
- In Auvik, fill in the following detail:
- Integration name
- Freshdesk URL
- Select the authentication method you want to use and enter the appropriate details: Freshdesk username and password, or user API key
- Domain name (The domain associated with the Freshdesk company)
- Optional: Click Test Connection to confirm your settings are accurate.
- Select the notification channel(s) you want to associate with the new integration. You can create a new channel if one doesn’t already exist.
- Click Save.
Before you can use the integration with Freshdesk, there’s one final configuration step: creating a notification channel to be associated with the Auvik alerts you’d like sent to the integrated platform.
Finding integrated alerts
Details for all notifications sent from Auvik to Freshdesk are found in either the Freshdesk dashboard or Freshdesk tickets.