Your MSP dashboard shows you a list of all the clients you’re managing with Auvik. From this central starting point, you can click through to any existing client network, add new clients, or delete old ones.
To complete any of these actions, you need to be logged into your own Auvik instance (example: msp.my.auvik.com).
You can filter your client list to show only certain clients. For more information on filtering, see How to filter data in Auvik.
- Add a new client
- Authorize client users
- Disable clients
- Enable clients
- Delete clients
- Access a client’s network
- Return to the MSP dashboard from a client's network
- Additional resources
How to add a new client
There are two types of clients you can add:
- Client is a company whose network you manage.
- Multi-client is a company, such as an MSP, that manages multiple company networks. You should only select multi-client if your customers are managed service providers.
When you add the new client, select the appropriate client type. If you select the wrong type, you’ll need to delete the client and start over. Or you can contact Auvik support to have us make the change.
- Click Add client.
- Select the type of client you want to add: Client or Multi-Client.
- Enter a company name, a domain prefix, and your client's street address*.
- Click Next.
- From the list of users, select who should be authorized on the new client account. Check the appropriate box for the access level each user should have: read only or admin.
- Click Save.
* Your client's street address will only be used to place their location on a map.
How to authorize client users
After you add a new client, you can easily authorize existing users on the new client. Right now, authorizations can only be made for a single client at a time.
- In the displayed list of clients, find the client you want to authorize users on. Click the box at the beginning of the row.
- Click the Authorize button.
- From the list of users, select who should be authorized on that client account. Check the appropriate box based on the access level the user should have: read only or admin.
- Click Save.
How to disable clients
- In the displayed list of clients, find the client(s) you want to disable. Check the box at the beginning of each row.
- Click the Disable button.
- Confirm your action by clicking Disable.
Disabling a client will prevent anyone from logging into their dashboard. It’s recommended that you power down the Auvik collector for the client who has just been disabled.
How to enable clients
- In the displayed list of clients, find the client(s) you want to enable. Check the box at the beginning of each row.
- Click the Enable button.
- Confirm your action by clicking Enable.
Enabling a client will restart them. Give Auvik a couple of minutes to fully process the request before you try accessing the newly enabled client. If you previously powered down the Auvik collector for that client, don’t forget to power it back on.
How to delete clients
Deleting a client should only be done if absolutely necessary. Once a client has been deleted, the domain prefix for that client is added back to the pool of domain prefixes available for use by new Auvik accounts.
- In the displayed list of clients, find the client(s) you want to delete. Check the box at the beginning of each row.
- Click the Delete button.
delete, then click the Delete button to confirm the deletion.
How to access a client’s network
There are three ways you can access a client’s network.
- In the displayed list of clients, find the client you want to access. Click anywhere in the row for that client. You’ll be taken to their network map and home dashboard.
- In the side navigation bar, click the drop-box below your company logo and select the client’s name.
- From the client map, hover over any pin to see the client's name. Click on the pin to access the client's network.
How to return to the MSP dashboard from a client's network
From the side navigation bar, click the drop-box below your company logo. Select your company name from the list.