Cisco provides a handy command-line wizard on IronPort devices to provision and enable SNMP. You’ll need administrative credentials to run this wizard and commit your changes to the configuration.
- Log into your IronPort device through SSH.
- At the CLI prompt, execute:
- Follow the wizard through its steps. Note:
- If a trap IP is requested, enter the IPv4 address of your Auvik collector.
- The SNMP agent on IronPort devices will only run if SNMPv3 is enabled. If you want to use SNMPv1 or SNMPv2c, these options will only be available after you configure an authenticated and encrypted SNMPv3 user.
- Once you’ve completed the snmpconfig wizard, commit your changes by running
SNMP is now enabled on your IronPort devices.