To enable SNMP on your Riverbed device, you need administrator access. You also need to be logged into its administrative interface.
From the administrative interface:
- Navigate to Configure > System Settings > SNMP Basic.
- Check Enable SNMP Traps.
- In the Read-Only Community String field, enter the community string for the device.
- Click Apply.
Add your new community string to Auvik:
- In Auvik’s side navigation bar, click Discovery > SNMP Credentials.
- Click Add SNMP Credentials. Complete the form.
- Click Save SNMP Credentials.
You’re all done! Enjoy the automated monitoring and discovery of your Riverbed devices.