If you’re using the Cisco Small Business web interface for your Cisco devices, the following steps will ensure SNMP and SSH server are working properly.
There’s a known issue with Cisco SG devices. Please refer to Known issue with Cisco SG series devices and unknown logins.
How to enable SNMP
These steps apply only to the SG200, SG300, SG500, and SG500X series of smart and managed switches.
- Log into the switch’s web interface.
- Click SNMP in the left-handmenu.
- Click Communities.
- Click Add.
- Enter the IP address of the Auvik collector and the community string you wish to use.
- Click the checkbox for Read Only. Click Apply, then Close.
- Click Security in the left-hand menu.
- Click TCP/UDP Services.
- Click on the checkbox for SNMP Service, then click Apply.
- Click Save at the top of the user interface.
Add your new community string to Auvik. See How to add, edit, delete, or retry SNMP credentials? for the steps on how to do this.
How to enable SSH server
These steps apply only to the SG300, SG500, and SG500X series of smart and managed switches. The SG200 switches don’t have a command line interface.
- Go to Security > TCP / UDP Services.
- If not already checked, check Enable next to SSH Service.
- Navigate to Security > SSH Server.
- Check Enable for SSH User Authentication by Password.
If the credential doesn’t already exist in Auvik, add it. See How to add, edit, delete or retry login credentials? if you need help.