If your network has a Cisco ASA firewall, you'll need to change its configuration in order for Auvik to properly recognize the device. Against the firewall configuration, enable snmp-server host and set the IP address to that of the Auvik collector.
- SNMP enabled on the Cisco ASA firewall
- Telnet, SSH, or serial (console) access to the Cisco device
- The IP address of your Auvik collector
- Telnet, SSH, or serial (console) into your IOS device.
- Enter global configuration mode by typing
enable. Enter your escalated privilege credentials.
- Enter configuration mode by typing
- Issue one of the following commands:
snmp-server host inside auvik_collector_IP_address community public
snmp-server host inside_new auvik_collector_IP_address community public
All done! Auvik will now be able to recognize the device as a Cisco ASA firewall.