If your network has a Cisco ASA firewall, you'll need to change its configuration in order for Auvik to properly recognize the device. Against the firewall configuration, enable snmp-server host and set the IP address to that of the Auvik collector.
- SNMP enabled on the Cisco ASA firewall
- Telnet, SSH, or serial (console) access to the Cisco device
- The IP address of your Auvik collector
- Telnet, SSH, or serial (console) into your IOS device.
- Enter global configuration mode by typing
enable. Enter your escalated privilege credentials.
- Enter configuration mode by typing
- Issue the following commands:
snmp-server host <interface name> <IP address of collector> poll community <community string> version 2c
Replace <interface name> with the name of the interface on which to enable SNMP. Replace <IP address of collector> with the IP address of your collector. Replace <community string> with your desired community string.
- Exit configuration mode by typing
- Commit the running configuration changes to startup configuration memory by typing
- If you used a community string other than public or private, add it to Auvik by following these steps.
All done! Auvik will now be able to recognize the device as a Cisco ASA firewall.