WatchGuard firewalls come preconfigured with both a read-only and read-write account. The default credentials for these accounts are as follows:
- Default read-only: status/readonly
- Default read-write: admin/readwrite
On these default user accounts, only the password can be changed. If you want to create your own read-only account on the firewall, follow the steps below:
How to create a new read-only user account
- Log into the WatchGuard Firebox or XTM web console.
- Navigate to File > Manage Users and Roles.
- Enter your administrator credentials and select the proper authentication server.
- Click Add…
- Type a user name.
- Set the authentication server to Firebox DB.
- Set role to Device Monitor.
- Enter a password.
- Click OK.
Once you’ve created your read-only account, your next step is to add the login credentials into Auvik. See How do I add, edit, delete, or retry login credentials?