NEW! Configuration sync
No, you’re not dreaming—it’s finally here. Auvik can now sync device inventory into Autotask as product and configuration types.
If you’re an existing Autotask user, you’ll now see a new Inventory tab which will guide you through setting up your device identifiers, field sync mappings, and device class mappings. Make sure you’ve configured these correctly before enabling inventory sync.
Your existing alert mappings will stay intact.
IMPROVED! Company mappings
As part of your pre- and post-sales process with your customers, you may be assigning their company entry within Autotask an appropriate company type (e.g., prospect, partner, or lead) and status (e.g., active). You can now filter the companies that are synced from Autotask to Auvik.
IMPROVED! Customizable ticket queues
Now, you can specify a ticket queue or source other than “monitoring alerts” for Auvik alerts to be synced into.
ConnectWise Manage integration
IMPROVED! Company mappings
As part of your pre- and post-sales process with your customers, you may be assigning their company entry within ConnectWise Manage an appropriate company type (e.g., prospect, partner, or lead) and status (e.g., active). You can now filter the companies that are synced from ConnectWise Manage to Auvik. No more contacting Auvik support to add the filter for you.
IMPROVED! Configuration sync customization
You can now configure Auvik to sync device details to custom fields or configuration questions within ConnectWise Manage.
Note: Questions are only applicable to a specifically configured configuration type. See Configure ConnectWise Manage for inventory sync with Auvik for details.
Additionally, you can now sync the following fields from Auvik into ConnectWise Manage:
- Firmware version
- Software version
- Vendor name
NEW! Custom roles
Previously, your Auvik users were provisioned with admin, read-only, or no access on client accounts. But now, users can be assigned a customized role of choice.
Six roles come preconfigured for you. You can modify or remove these six, and also create your own roles. Your existing user accounts will be migrated to an equivalent role with the same level of access.
A couple of notes:
- Each feature within Auvik now has a corresponding permission within a role, with varying levels of access and ability. You’ll want to review the different feature permissions to ensure users are being assigned the appropriate roles.
- Administrators are being migrated to a new super-administrator role.
- Read-only users are being migrated to a similar read-only role.
- If a user currently has no access for a given client account, they won’t have a role assigned (and therefore will have no access) on that account.
- Roles can only be assigned and edited at the multi-client level. You can view roles at the client level but can’t make changes to them there.
NEW! IPMI device consolidation
Your servers typically have an out-of-band management card, like an iLO for HPs or an iDRAC for Dells. Auvik typically discovers that device separately from the server. You can now specify whether you’d prefer the IPMI device to be consolidated with its parent server from within Discovery > Discovery Settings.