Auvik needs read-only credentials to properly monitor your VMware ESXi host.
Note: The instructions below are based on VMware ESXi 5.5 using vSphere. If you're using a different version of VMware ESXi or vSphere, your steps and the labels you see may vary.
You'll need to create a user with read-only permissions using the VMware vSphere client:
- Log into the vSphere client (with administrative rights).
- From Home, click Inventory.
- From the inventory tree, click the data center name.
- Click the Local Users & Groups tab.
- Right-click and select Add.
- Enter the login, user name, and password.
- Click OK.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Right-click and select the Add Permission tab.
- Click Add.
- Highlight the user you want to add.
- Click Add, then OK.
- Confirm the rights say Read-only and click OK.