Auvik connects to Microsoft Teams using an incoming webhook. To set up an Auvik integration to Microsoft Teams, first complete the steps below to configure Microsoft Teams via Office 365. Then create the new integration in Auvik.
- Configuring Microsoft Teams
- Managing multiple locations
- Adding new Microsoft Teams integration in Auvik
- Finding alerts
Configuring Microsoft Teams
Enable Microsoft Teams
The first step is to ensure Microsoft Teams has been enabled. For this, you’ll need Office 365 admin rights. Note: Enabling Microsoft Teams enables it for your entire organization.
- Log into your Office 365 web portal.
- Click Office 365 in the top navigation bar.
- Click Admin.
- From the Office 365 Admin Center side navigation bar, click Settings, then Services & add-ins.
- In the search field, enter Microsoft Teams.
- Once located, select the row for Microsoft Teams.
- Select the on/off switch to turn on Microsoft Teams.
- Update the rest of the details as you see fit.
- Click Save.
Create new groups
- From the Office 365 Admin Center side navigation bar, click Groups, then Groups.
- Click the Add a group button.
- Fill in the Add a group form. The group ID populates with the name you’ve given the group. (You’ll be advised if the group ID is available for use or not. If not, choose a new group ID.)
- Type must be set to Office 365 group.
- Select a group owner.
- Click Add. Don’t close the window while the group is being created.
- Click Close.
Creating a new group webhook
- Click the Office 365 menu in the top left of the tool bar.
- Click Mail.
- From the Outlook side navigation bar, click on the group for which you want to add a webhook. If needed, expand Groups to see the groups available.
- From the groups navigation bar, click Connectors.
- In the search field, enter Incoming Webhook.
- Click Add.
- Provide a name for the webhook and click Create.
- Copy the webhook URL. You’ll need this when creating a new integration in Auvik.
- Click Done.
Add users to the group
Now that your group has been configured for a webhook, you’ll want to add the users who will be monitoring the group for new Auvik alerts.
- From the Outlook side navigation bar, click on a group you want to add users to.
- From the group navigation, click the 3 dots in the top right of the group navigation.
- Click Members.
- Click Add members.
- Search for the members to be added to the group.
- Once all members have been selected, click Save.
Managing integrations for multiple locations
For corporate IT managing a single network with multiple locations
Be aware that Auvik can’t currently distinguish alerts that come from different locations (say, the Cleveland office and the Houston office) on a network running a single Auvik collector. All of your Auvik alerts will feed into a single Microsoft Teams group. To have alerts sent to multiple Microsoft Teams groups, it’s best to create a new integration for each group you’d like to post to.
For MSPs managing multiple networks
As for corporate IT, alerts from different locations running a single Auvik collector will feed into a single Microsoft Teams group. We’ll specify the company name for each notification so you know which notifications apply to which client. Or you can choose to create a new integration for each group.
How to add a new Microsoft Teams integration
- Click Integrations in the side navigation bar.
- Hover over the Add Integration button and select Microsoft Teams.
- In Auvik, fill in the following detail:
- Integration name
- Optional: Click Test Connection to confirm your settings are accurate.
- Click Save.
Before you can use the integration with Microsoft Teams, there’s one final configuration step: creating a notification channel to be associated with the Auvik alerts you’d like sent to the integrated platform.
If the test connection spins or a failed message appears, see How do I troubleshoot issues with my Auvik / Microsoft Teams integration? for possible resolutions.
Finding integrated alerts
Auvik alerts can be posted to existing Microsoft Teams groups or a new groups you create. The channel can be public or private.
If Auvik alerts to fail appear in your Microsoft Teams group, see How do I troubleshoot issues with my Auvik / Microsoft Teams integration? for possible resolutions.