For more information on editing, deleting, disabling, and enabling integrations, see How do I edit, delete, disable, or enable integrations?
Auvik connects to Microsoft Teams for alert notifications using an incoming webhook, which is initially configured in either Office 365 or the desktop app. Then create the new integration in Auvik.
Before you get started creating a group, first make your Microsoft account allows all apps to be used and is in no way restricted. To check this, log in as an Office 365 administrator. From the Admin section, click Admin Center > Teams. From the Teams admin center, click Teams Apps > Permissions Policies. Click the organizations app settings and update the third-party apps to allow all, or at least unblock incoming webhooks. If this is the first time you’ve allowed access to third-party apps, it can take up to an hour or more for Microsoft to sync the settings and allow connectors to be attached.
Microsoft Teams integrations can only be managed from your MSP dashboard.
Enable Microsoft Teams
The first step is to ensure Microsoft Teams has been enabled. For this, you’ll need Office 365 admin rights. Note: Enabling Microsoft Teams enables it for your entire organization.
- Log into your Office 365 web portal.
- Click Office 365 in the top navigation bar.
- Click Admin.
- From the Office 365 Admin Center side navigation bar, click Settings, then Services & add-ins.
- In the search field, enter Microsoft Teams.
- Once located, select the row for Microsoft Teams.
- Select the on/off switch to turn on Microsoft Teams.
- Update the rest of the details as you see fit. There will be some settings that must be set under the Microsoft Teams & Skype for Business Admin Center.
- Click Save.
Now that Microsoft Teams has been enabled, you can complete the setup in Office 365 or the desktop app. There are differences between configuring in Office 365 and the Teams app. Choose from the two options below to best fit your needs.
- Set up in the Teams app: Will appear in Teams only with the creation of a new group. Or will appear in both the Teams app and Office 365 with the creation of a new group from an existing Office 365 group.
- Set up in Office 365: Will appear in Office 365 (Outlook) only, and will have no ties to the Teams application.
How to add a new Microsoft Teams integration
- Click Integrations in the side navigation bar.
- Hover over the Add Integration button and select Microsoft Teams.
- In Auvik, fill in the following detail:
- Integration name
- URL (This is the webhook URL you copied earlier.)
- Click Test Connection to confirm your settings are accurate.
- Click Save.
Configure a notification channel
Before you can use the integration with Microsoft Teams, there’s one final configuration step: creating a notification channel to be associated with the Auvik alerts you’d like sent to the integrated platform.
If the test connection spins or a failed message appears, see How do I troubleshoot issues with my Auvik / Microsoft Teams integration? for possible resolutions.