There are a few possible issues you might experience when trying to integrate Auvik with Autotask:
- Testing the connection produces a fail message
- Autotask companies aren’t available for mapping
- New Auvik alerts aren’t opening new Autotask tickets
- Alerts aren’t clearing in either Autotask or Auvik
- Auvik alerts are dismissing and not reopening Autotask tickets
- Inventory isn't syncing to Autotask
- Duplicate devices are being synced to Autotask
Testing the connection produces a fail message
After setting the integration details for your new Auvik / Autotask integration, you selected Test Connection. You received a fail message.
The first thing to check is whether the username and password you entered are correct. Click the eye () in the password field to reveal the password you entered. If the username or password look incorrect, make any corrections and click Test Connection again
If Test Connection is still producing a failure after you’ve confirmed credentials are correct, please contact Auvik support.
Autotask companies aren’t available for mapping
After creating the integration, your Autotask companies aren’t appearing for mapping to your Auvik clients.
By default, we only sync companies with an Active status. So the problem could be that your Autotask companies have a status other than Active.
From your MSP dashboard, navigate to Integrations. In the displayed list of integrations, click the row for the Autotask integration. From the Companies tab, confirm what filter has been set for either status or type.
To add a new company status or type filter, select the appropriate box. Select the appropriate status or type to add.
If updating the filters still doesn’t show the company, please contact Auvik support and we’ll take a look through our logs to see if we can spot any messages from Autotask.
New Auvik alerts aren’t opening new Autotask tickets
Alerts triggered in Auvik aren’t being sent to Autotask.
Check whether the credentials set on your Auvik / Autotask integration are correct. From your MSP dashboard, select to edit the integration. Click Test Connection.
- If you receive a pass message, click Cancel.
- If you receive a fail message, confirm the username and password are correct. If you need to update either one, remember to click Save to capture the updated credentials.
Now that you’ve confirmed the credentials are accurate, are you still experiencing issues? If so, let’s dig into the configuration details.
Confirm whether Alert Severity Mapping and Alert Status Mapping have been set. If not, set the mappings for each. Click Save button to capture any changes.
Below the alert severity mapping and status mapping detail, there’s a grid that lists the notification channels using the integration. Do you see any clients listed? If not, you haven’t created a notification channel yet and or associated the channel to the alerts you want to be passed to Autotask.
Now that we’ve confirmed the Auvik / Autotask configuration is sound, are you still experiencing issues? If so, dig into your Autotask configuration details. To do this, work though the article on integrating Auvik with Autotask step by step.
If everything looks good with the configuration, both within Autotask and Auvik, but the alerts still aren’t being sent from Auvik to Autotask, please contact Auvik support.
Alerts aren’t clearing in either Autotask or Auvik
An alert opened in Auvik has been sent to Autotask, but after closing the ticket in either system, the other application isn’t being updated.
Confirm that the callback URL from your Auvik / Autotask integration is correct in Autotask.
- From your MSP dashboard, select to edit the Autotask integration.
- Click Copy, then Cancel.
- Paste the callback URL into a notepad or text file.
- Return to your Autotask application and paste the copied URL into the extension callout for your integration.
- Click Save & Close.
If everything looks good with the extension callout in Autotask, but the alerts still aren’t updating as expected, please contact Auvik support.
Auvik alerts are dismissing and not reopening Autotask tickets
Updating the state of a ticket in Autotask is dismissing the Auvik alert and the ticket isn’t reopening as expected.
This can happen if the status mappings for your Auvik / Autotask integration are set in a way that ignores the reopen status. So let’s check the settings.
In Alert Status Mapping, check the following configurations:
- Dismiss Auvik alert when Autotask ticket is: __
- If Autotask ticket status is: __ AND the Auvik alert is still active, reopen the ticket in Autotask after: 15 minutes
The two statuses indicated by ___ need to be different. If they’re the same, edit them to be different and click Save.
If the statuses are already different and you’re still experiencing the problem, there’s something else going on. Please contact Auvik support and we’ll take a look through our logs to see if we can spot any messages from Autotask.
Inventory isn’t syncing to Autotask
Inventory has been enabled for syncing but devices aren’t being synced and updated in Autotask.
Confirm the inventory configuration that’s been set on your Auvik / Autotask integration.
- The first thing we want to confirm is whether inventory syncing been enabled. If Enable Inventory Syncing is currently unchecked, check the box and click Save.
- Now let’s check the audit trail to see if we’re receiving configuration messages. Inventory syncs every 10 minutes, so the first sync could take a bit of time to show up. After 10 minutes, if nothing is appearing for configurations, go back to the inventory configuration tab. Make sure you can answer yes to all these questions:
If you answered no to any of questions, set the appropriate details.
If you answered yes to all the questions, let’s take another look at your inventory configuration
- For a device to sync between Auvik and Autotask, the device must match the configuration specified in Auvik. Inventory mapping configurations are treated as ANDs and ORs.
Device Identifier is Serial Number OR Device Identifier is Host Name AND Device Class Mapping is [Switch].
For the device to sync, it must have an identifier and matching Auvik device class.
Device Identifier is Serial Number AND Device Class Mapping is [Switch].
For this device to sync, it must match both parameters
- To confirm if the issue is a missing serial number, look at the inventory mappings for the client where devices aren’t being synced. In the Unmapped Devices table, do you see a row that appears something like Name: Dell2155cdn Serial Number: Not Available?
If so, please contact Auvik support and let us know which device appears to be missing a serial number. We’ll check with our team to see if it’s possible to retrieve the data from the device.
Alternatively, you can update the device identifier to be based on host name rather than serial number. If your inventory configuration is set with a device identifier of host name rather than serial number, and devices still aren’t being synced, please contact Auvik support.
Duplicate devices are being synced to Autotask
Duplicate devices are being created in Autotask when inventory syncs from Auvik.
Please contact Auvik support and we’ll dig through the logs to figure out what’s causing the duplication. Once we determine the cause, we’ll take action to prevent the duplicates from happening again.