These instructions assume:
- Your device is running FortiOS 4.0MR2 or later
- The date, time, and time zone are correctly set on the firewall.
- You have SSH credentials and access to your Fortigate firewall
- You know the IP address of your Auvik collector.
Access your firewall CLI
- Telnet or SSH into your firewall.
- Ensure you're logged in as a privileged user.
- Set the sFlow collector address & port. In the following commands, replace <AuvikCollectorIP> with the IP address of your Auvik collector and <AuvikPort> with one of the following port numbers: 2055, 2056, 4432, 4739, 6343, 9995, or 9996 (default is 6343).
config system sflow
set collector-ip <AuvikCollectorIP>
set collector-port <AuvikPort>
- Configure the sFlow agent on an interface - usually this will be the LAN interface(s). Replace <InterfaceName> with the name of the interface where you’ll enable flow reporting. Replace <SampleRate> with the sampling rate you’d like to use - default is 2000.
config sys interface
set sflow-sampler enable
set sample-rate <SampleRate>
set sample-direction both
set polling-interval 60