These instructions assume:
- The date, time, and time zone are set correctly on the switch.
- You have Telnet or SSH credentials and admin access to your switch.
- The IP address of your Auvik collector is known. You can find this in the Syslog > Summary tab in the Export Information column.
- Telnet or SSH into the switch.
- Enter the command-line interface typing cli and enter the Junos OS configuration mode by typing configure.
- Run the following commands. Replace <AuvikCollectorIP> with the IP address of your Auvik collector.
set system syslog user * any emergency
set system syslog host <AuvikCollectorIP> port 514 any any
set system syslog file messages any warning
set system syslog file messages authorization info
set system syslog file interactive-commands interactive-commands any
Confirm the settings
Run the following command to confirm the configuration:
show system syslog