These instructions assume:
- The router is running a minimum of IOS version 12.0(22)S, 12.2(14)S, or 12.2(15)T.
- The date, time and time zone are correctly set on the router.
- You have Telnet or SSH credentials and access to your Cisco router.
- The IP address of your Auvik collector is known. You can find this in the Syslog > Summary tab in the Export Information column.
- Telnet or SSH into your router.
- Enter privileged mode by typing enable and entering your enable password.
- Run the following commands:
logging host Auvik collector IP
logging trap warnings
We recommend the adding following to make IOS messages interoperate better with the syslog protocol. Disable an extra timestamp and sequence numbers:
no service sequence-numbers
no service timestamps debug uptime
no service timestamps log uptime
For more information: