These instructions assume:
- The date, time, and time zone are correctly set on the switch.
- You have Telnet or SSH credentials and access to the switch.
- You know the IP address of your Auvik collector.
Access the switch CLI
- Telnet or SSH into the switch.
- Enter privileged mode by typing enable and entering your enable password.
Run the following command. Replace <AuvikCollectorIP> with the IP address of your Auvik collector, and <AuvikPort> with one of the following port numbers: 2055, 2056, 4432, 4739, 6343, 9995, or 9996. Replace <deviceIP> with the IP address of the device where you’d like the packets to originate.
sflow agent ip <deviceIP> sflow collector ip <AuvikCollectorIP> port <AuvikPort> sflow version 9 sflow interval 60
Then, configure each interface for which you want to send sFlow:
interface <interface name, i.e: ethernet 1/0> sflow enable <inbound/outbound/both> sflow sampling-mode random sflow sampling-rate <rate, 128, 256, 512, 1024>
Confirm the settings
Run the following command to confirm the configuration: