These instructions assume:
- XSM7224S firmware version 9.0.1 or higher is installed.
- Firmware version 10.0.0.x or higher is installed.
- The date, time, and time zone are correctly set on the switch.
- You have Telnet or SSH credentials and access to your switch.
- You know the IP address of your Auvik collector.
Access the switch CLI
- Telnet or SSH into your switch.
- Enter privileged mode by typing enable and entering your enable password.
Run the following command. Replace <AuvikCollectorIP> with the IP address of your Auvik collector.
sflow receiver 1 ip <AuvikCollectorIP> sflow receiver 1 owner NetMonitor timeout 31536000 # 31536000 seconds, is approximately one-year.
Configure sampling port
Configure the sFlow receiver index, sampling rate, and sampling maximum header size for the sampling port. Repeat these for all the ports to be sampled.
interface <Interface name, i.e: 1/0/1>
sflow sampler 1
sflow sampler rate <128,256,512,1024>
sflow sampler maxheadersize 64
Confirm the settings
Run the following command to confirm the configuration:
show sflow receivers show sflow samplers