For more information on editing, deleting, disabling, and enabling integrations, see How do I edit, delete, disable, or enable integrations?
Auvik integrates with ServiceNow for alert notifications, known as incident management in ServiceNow.
To set up an Auvik integration to ServiceNow, complete the steps below:
- Install Auvik into ServiceNow
- Add the new ServiceNow integration in Auvik
- Find alerts
As ServiceNow is fully customizable, navigation names in your instance may differ from what’s mentioned below.
Install Auvik into ServiceNow
- From your ServiceNow instance, in the search bar above the left navigation, search for Store.
- From the side navigation, click the Search ServiceNow Store.
- From the ServiceNow store, search for Auvik. Once located, click Auvik Incident Management Integration.
- Click Get.
- If requested, enter your HI credentials. Click Login.
- Complete the installation.
Add ServiceNow user
- From your ServiceNow instance, in the search bar above the left navigation, search for Users.
- From the side navigation, click Users.
- Click New.
- At a minimum, enter a user ID (AuvikAPI, for example) and a password.
- Check Web service access only.
- Click Submit.
- From the list of users, click the name of the newly created user.
- Click the Roles tab.
- Click Edit.
- Search for x_aune_auvik.integration.api.
- Once located, click the collection, and click the > arrow.
- Click Save.
- Click Update.
Add the new ServiceNow integration
You can have only one ServiceNow integration with Auvik.
- From the Auvik dashboard, click Integrations in the side navigation.
- Hover over the Add Integration button and choose ServiceNow.
- In Auvik, fill in the following detail:
- Integration name
- ServiceNow URL
- Click Test Connection to confirm your settings are accurate.
- Click Save.
If the test connection spins or a failed message appears, see How do I troubleshoot issues with my Auvik / ServiceNow integration? for possible resolutions.
Before you can use the integration with ServiceNow, add the ServiceNow notification channel and associate the notification channel with the Auvik alerts you’d like sent to the integrated platform.
You can have only one ServiceNow notification channel in Auvik.
Find integrated alerts
Details for all notifications sent from Auvik to ServiceNow are found under an Auvik menu item in ServiceNow. From your ServiceNow instance, in the search bar above the left navigation, search for Auvik.
If Auvik alerts fail to create or clear tickets in ServiceNow, see How do I troubleshoot issues with my Auvik / ServiceNow integration? for possible resolutions.