These instructions assume:
- The router is running a minimum of IOS version 12.0(22)S, 12.2(14)S, or 12.2(15)T.
- The date, time and time zone are correctly set on the router.
- You have Telnet or SSH credentials and access to your Cisco router.
- The IP address of your Auvik collector is known.
Access your router CLI
- Telnet or SSH into your router.
- Enter privileged mode by typing enable and entering your enable password.
- Run the following command. Replace AuvikCollectorIP with the IP address of your Auvik collector and AuvikPort with one of the following ports: 2055, 2056, 4432, 4739, 6343, 9995 or 9996.
enable configure terminal ip flow-cache timeout active 1 ip flow-cache timeout inactive 15 ip flow-capture vlan-id ip flow-capture mac-addresses ip flow-export version 9 origin-as ip flow-export destination <AuvikCollectorIP> <AuvikPort>
- Now enable NetFlow collection on the interface(s) from which you want to capture information. Run the following based on the IOS version running on your router. Replace GigabitEthernet0/1 with the name of the interface you want to use for flow.
# IOS version 12.0(22)S, 12.2(14)S, or 12.2(15)T interface GigabitEthernet0/1 ip flow ingress # IOS older than 12.0(22)S, 12.2(14)S, or 12.2(15)T interface GigabitEthernet0/1 ip route-cache flow
- Run the following command to confirm the configuration.
exit show ip cache flow show ip flow interface show ip flow export show ip flow export template
- Save the active configuration:
- Save the current running configuration to the startup configuration file:
copy running-config startup-config