Note: The scripts require additional configuration to include proxy configuration. Please watch for coming updates.
ConnectWise Automate allows you to deploy system updates using an XML file. If you’re a ConnectWise Automate user, you can take advantage of this capability to deploy the Auvik Windows service.
The Auvik Windows service executable should be saved in a location on your ConnectWise Automate server.
Disclaimer: The attached scripts were not written by Auvik.
There are four files attached. Download the files you need. Import the files to Scripts\Auvik.
- AuvikRole.sql: Creates a role for ConnectWise Automate.
- Install Auvik Service - A.xml: Use if you have the Auvik / ConnectWise Automate plugin installed and configured. The user set on the plugin must have an assigned role that allows the collector to be installed.
- Install Auvik Service - B.xml: Use if you haven’t installed the Auvik / ConnectWise Automate plugin. Set the parameters of auvik_name (Auvik site domain prefix), auvik_user (Auvik user’s email address), and auvik_pass (Auvik user’s API key).
- Remove Auvik Service.xml: Use to uninstall the Auvik Windows collector.
A few things to note about the Install Auvik Service xml files:
- A parameter of SetToOneForSharedCollector is included, which allows you to deploy the Auvik Windows service as a shared collector.
- The default installation location is c:\auvik. If you want to change the location, you can update line 62 in the Install Auvik Service - A.xml file or line 66 in the Install Auvik Service - B.xml file.
- The Auvik domain address in the Install Auvik Service - A.xml file includes Auvik’s us1 data cluster by default. We recommend removing us1 because the cluster isn’t required for installation. We then redirect you to your correct cluster after the client is installed.
1. Log into the ConnectWise Automate Control Center.
2. Click System in the left-hand sidebar.
3. Expand General > Import.
4. Click XML Expansion.
5. Browse to the xml file previously saved.
6. Click Open.
7. From the Import ConnectWise Automate Expansion popup, click Yes.
Script A - remove the cluster ID from the install command
1. From the ConnectWise Automate navigation tree, expand Automation> Scripts> View Scripts.
2. From the list of scripts, right-click on the Auvik - Install Auvik Service script.
3. From the context menu, select Open.
4. Remove the “us1” from line 62.
5. Click Save Step.