These instructions assume:
- The device is on SonicOS version 7.0 or higher.
- The date, time and time zone are correctly set on the device.
- You have administrative access to the firewall.
- The IP address of your Auvik collector is known.
- Log into the SonicWall web admin console
- Navigate to Device
- Click on Syslog
- Click on Syslog Servers
- In the Syslog Servers section, click Add
In the Add Syslog Server pop-up window:
On Name or IP Address, select Create New Address Object and create an object for the Auvik collector IP.
- Name: A recognizable name such as “Auvik collector”
- Zone Assignment: choose the zone where Auvik collector was deployed, typically zone LAN.
- For Type, select Host
- IP Address: Enter the Auvik collector IP address
- Click OK
- On Name or IP Address, select Create New Address Object and create an object for the Auvik collector IP.
- On Name or IP address, select the newly created object.
- Set Port to 514
- Leave the remaining options as default
- Click Add