This article explains how to deploy the SaaS Management data collector to your devices via Datto.
The SaaS Management agent can be easily deployed via Datto’s Automation > Components feature, that can be used to run scripts on workstations.
- SaaS Management uses different variables from Datto, like Client Name and Client ID. This allows SaaS Management to use one single script that you can deploy across all clients.
- You do not have to manually create a client from within the SaaS Management platform. When the automation is run, Datto will automatically create the client’s account in SaaS Management using their name and client ID from Datto.
- Open Datto
- Navigate to the Automation > Components
A list of all existing components will be shown.
- Selected Create Component at the top of the screen
The Create Component screen will appear.
- Fill out the details of the script as follows:
- Name: (Auvik SaaS Management)
- Description: (A friendly description of the script)
- Level: Super (5)
Note: This may still work as expected at lower level depending on your configuration.
- Category: Scripts
- Script (Type): Select Powershell form the dropdown
- If the script has run successfully, you’ll see the devices appear under the SaaS Management platform under Clients > (Select the Newly Created Client) > Users > Devices Tab after about 10 minutes.
- Script Timeout: 600 seconds
- Open a new tab of Auvik SaaS Management
- Navigate to Org Preferences > Integrations > Datto RMM
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Copy the script highlighted in green.
- Return to Datto RMM
- Paste the script from the previous step into the Script field in your newly created component
Running the SaaS Management Deployment Script on a Group of Target Devices
- Before saving your automation component to Datto, you can tell the script to run on several target devices by selecting the Selected Sites
- Clicking Add a Site
- When finished, select the Create Component button in the bottom right hand side of the screen
If you’d like to deploy to only a few specific workstations:
- You can easily create a Job in Datto, which will give more flexibility on how the automation is run
- Navigate to Automation > Jobs
- Select the Create a Job or navigate to a specific site from the Sites menu
- Hit the Create a Job button
- Create the Job with the following field completed:
- Components: Add the newly created Auvik SaaS Management Component
- Targets: Select the desired target workstations or sites
- Recurrent: We recommend running the deployment Immediately on a few devices as a test, then scheduling a daily job to ensure complete coverage as new workstations are added to Datto
- Expiration: Does not expire
(This ensures that the script will run as devices come online.)
- Execution: Run as System Account
Note: This may change depending on your configuration. Running as System Account ensures that the automation has the necessary privileges.
- Once your Job has been created, click Create Job