Auvik’s syslog feature allows you to analyze all your syslog data and troubleshoot network issues.
- Requirements for syslog
- Approve devices
- Unapprove devices
Requirements for syslog
To ensure Auvik recognizes syslog data from your network devices, include the collector IP address in the configuration and make sure port 514 is open for the collector.
How to approve a device for syslog
From the client’s dashboard, click Syslog from the side navigation bar to see which devices have been detected as syslog-enabled.
If no devices are listed, it means we haven’t detected syslog as being enabled on any device.
You can add a device to be approved for syslog monitoring. If the device is listed already, skip down to step 6.
- Click Add Device button.
- For a more granular search, select the device type and make. After entering the criteria, click Enter.
- Once your search criteria is set, click Search Devices. If you don’t see the device, click Show More for additional devices to be listed.
- From the list of devices, click the device name.
- Click Accept.
- In the displayed list of devices, find the device(s) you want to approve. Check the box at the beginning of each row.
- Click Approve.
- Confirm your action by clicking Approve.
How to unapprove a device for syslog
- From the client’s dashboard, click Syslog from the side navigation bar.
- In the displayed list of devices, find the device(s) you want to unapprove. Check the box at the beginning of each row.
- Click Unapprove.
- Confirm your action by clicking Unapprove.