These instructions assume:
- The date, time, and time zone are correctly set on the switch.
- You have Telnet or SSH credentials and access to your Dell PowerConnect or N Series switches.
- You know the IP address of your Auvik collector.
Access the switch CLI
- Telnet or SSH into the switch.
- Enter privileged mode by typing enable and entering your enable password.
Run the following command. Replace <AuvikCollectorIP> with the IP address of your Auvik collector, and <AuvikPort> with one of the following port numbers: 2055, 2056, 4432, 4739, 6343, 9995, or 9996.
For the third and fourth lines, you’ll need to determine the port address range for which you’d like to export flow. For example, for a 16-port single chassis switch, you’d use 1/g1-1/g16.
sflow 1 destination <AuvikCollectorPort> <AuvikPort> sflow 1 destination owner 1 timeout 60 # Configuration for PowerConnect sflow 1 destination owner 1 timeout 60 # Configuration for N-Series sflow 1 polling Ethernet 1g1-1/g16 sflow 1 sampling Ethernet 1/g1-1/g16 <128,256,512,1024> exit end
Confirm the settings
Run the following command to confirm the configuration:
show sflow 1 destination show sflow 1 polling show sflow 1 sampling