This guide provides details on integrating Auvik with ticket management systems other than ConnectWise Manage and Autotask. Do not use these instructions for integrating ConnectWise Manage or Autotask with Auvik. Instead, see Integrating Auvik with ConnectWise Manage or Integrating Auvik with Autotask as applicable.
We’ll cover creating tickets using the following methods:
Deciding which of these three methods to use will depend on your ticket management system and what it supports. Email notifications are the easiest if your system supports them.
Auvik can send an email notification both when an alert is triggered and when it’s resolved. To set up an email notification channel, see Add a new notification channel. The Auvik email notification can be used to create a ticket in your ticket management system if the system:
- Can create tickets from emails it receives, or
- Has an integration that creates tickets from emails.
Some ticket management systems can parse (or one of their integrations can parse) emails to prepopulate fields in a ticket based on the email.
You can create a webhook in Auvik to call an HTTPS target when an alert is triggered and when it’s resolved. The webhook output contains the details of the alert. To set up a webhook notification channel and see a sample of webhook output, see Integrating Auvik with a webhook.
The Auvik webhook notification can be used to create tickets in your ticket management system if the system:
- Supports incoming webhooks that are accessible from the internet and can read the webhook output to create a ticket, or
- Has an integration that supports incoming webhooks that can read webhook output to create a ticket
Auvik has API endpoints to let you retrieve alert history. (For details on what the API contains, see Alerts API.) The alert API can be used to poll for new alerts to create tickets in your ticket management system. You can use the API integration if:
- Your ticket management system has an API to let you create tickets, and
- You have developers to implement the logic of connecting Auvik with your ticket management system using APIs.
To get started on using Auvik APIs, see Auvik API Integration Guide.