There are five TrafficInsights views for devices:
To switch between views, click the new view you want from the side navigation bar.
Applications and protocols
The same three graphs are available in the applications and protocols views.
By default, the Top N view shows details for the top 10. To change the view to the top 15 or top 25, click the tab from the top navigation bar.
The default presentation is a summary of the top N. For a larger presentation of the graphs, click the appropriate tabs. Available options are Top Addresses, Top Conversations, Top Autonomous Systems, and Top Ports.
- For Top Addresses, you see two graphs: one for top source addresses and one for top destination addresses.
- For Top Conversations, you see one graph.
- For Top Autonomous Systems, you see three graphs: one for top source autonomous systems, one for top destination autonomous systems, and one for temporal evolution (source destination).
- For Top Ports, you see two graphs: one for top source ports and one for top destination ports.
Geolocation has two views—source and destination—so you can see where in the world traffic is coming from or going to.
To see which cities or countries traffic is coming from or going to, click the appropriate dropdown from the map.
Scroll through the list of cities or countries presented in the dropbox to make your selection.
From the Countries dropdown, click Apply as Filter to update the map details to only show detail for a specific country. Once the country is filtered, the Cities list will only contain cities within that country. You can refine or remove the filter.
You can also filter results by applying a filter from the top navigation bar by country (country, country_src, or country_dst), or by clicking a country on the map.
The Flows area is a table view of the flow traffic. When you first access flows, you’ll see no detail. To retrieve flow data, click Search.
There are two ways to filter data for this grid. One is to filter results by specific criteria and the other is to filter the rendered results.
- To filter by specific criteria, click Add Filter from the top navigation bar. If you apply a filter, be sure to click Search again to update the table details to reflect the applied filter.
- To filter the rendered results, enter text in the filter field above the grid. This filters the grid results immediately.
Once you have your search set up as you’d like, you can download the flows detail by clicking Download. The export is in csv (comma-separated values) format.