If you no longer want to capture flow data for a device, or a device is no longer flow-enabled, you can either unapprove the device or delete the device from TrafficInsights.
How to unapprove devices
Unapproving a device from the Auvik dashboard removes the device from TrafficInsights. All associated flow data is purged.
- Click TrafficInsights from the side navigation bar.
- In the displayed list of devices, find the device(s) you want to unapprove. Check the box at the beginning of each row.
- Click Unapprove.
- Confirm your action by clicking Unapprove.
If you change your mind later, you can always re-approve the device and flow will start to be captured again. Simply follow the steps above but click Approve in steps 3 and 4 instead.
How to delete devices under management
Deleting a device removes it from your list of flow-managed devices and purges all the associated data. We recommend you also disable flow on the device that’s being deleted. This will ensure the device is not detected again and added back to the list of available flow-enabled devices.
- Click TrafficInsights in the side navigation bar.
- In the list of devices, find the device(s) you want to delete. Check the box at the beginning of each row.
- Click the Delete button.
- Confirm the cancellation by clicking Delete.