Notice: The scripts will require additional configuration to include proxy configuration. As a result, please watch for updates coming.
ConnectWise Automate allows you to deploy system updates using an XML file. If you’re a ConnectWise Automate user, you can take advantage of this capability to deploy the Windows service.
- The Windows service executable should be saved in a location on your ConnectWise Automate server.
Disclaimer: The attached scripts were not written by Auvik.
There are four files attached. Download the files you need. Files should be imported to Scripts\Auvik.
- AuvikRole.sql: Creates a role for ConnectWise Automate.
- Install Auvik Service - A.xml: Use if you have the Auvik / ConnectWise Automate plugin installed and configured. The user set on the plugin must have an assigned role that allows the collector to be installed.
- Install Auvik Service - B.xml - Use if you haven’t installed the Auvik / ConnectWise Automate plugin. Set the parameters of auvik_name (domain prefix), auvik_user (user email address), and auvik_pass (users API key).
- Remove Auvik Service.xml: Use to uninstall the Auvik Windows collector.
A few things to note about the Install Auvik Service xml files.
- A parameter of SetToOneForSharedCollector is included, which allows you to deploy the Auvik Windows service as a shared collector.
- The default installation location is c:\auvik. If you want to change the location, you can update line 61 in the Install Auvik Service - A.xml file or line 66 in the Install Auvik Service - B.xml file.
- The Auvik domain address in the Install Auvik Service - A.xml file includes Auvik’s us1 data cluster by default. We recommend removing us1 because the cluster isn’t required for installation. We then redirect you to your correct cluster after the client is installed.
- Log into the ConnectWise Automate Control Center.
- From the toolbar at the top of the control center screen, click the Tools menu.
- Hover over Import.
- Click LT XML Expansion.
- Browse to the xml file previously saved.
- Click Open.
- From the Import ConnectWise Automate Expansion popup, click Yes.
- From the ConnectWise Automate navigation tree, expand Scripts.
- From the list of scripts, right-click on the Auvik - Install Auvik Service script.
- From the context menu select Scripts > Modify Script.
- Update the following detail:
- Click Save.