This sample configuration is based on a Dell PowerConnect 6000 series switch. Other models may have slight configuration variations.
- If you're collecting flow from multiple devices sharing the same public IP, these instructions may vary. Contact Auvik Support for assistance.
- These instructions assume:
Access your switch’s CLI
- Telnet or SSH into your Dell router.
- Enter privileged mode by typing enable and entering your enable password.
In this section, we’ll:
- Set the destination to which we’ll send flow packets
- Set the timeout for when we want NetFlow configuration to expire (never, so a large number is set)
- Enable polling and sampling (1 flow packet for every 1024 packets switched) on all interfaces we want to collect flow for
- Commit these changes to memory
Note: for the third and fourth lines of configuration, you need to pre-determine the port address range for which you’d like to export flow. For example, for a 16-port single chassis switch, you’d use: 1/g1-1/g16.
On your router, type:
sflow 1 destination 18.104.22.168 20013
sflow 1 destination owner 1 timeout 4294967295
sflow 1 polling Ethernet 1g1-1/g16
sflow 1 sampling Ethernet 1/g1-1/g16 1024