This sample configuration is based on a Juniper EX series switch. Other models may have slight configuration variations.
- If you're collecting flow from multiple devices sharing the same public IP, these instructions may vary. Contact Auvik Support for assistance.
- These instructions assume:
Access your switch’s CLI
- Telnet or SSH into your Juniper switch.
- Enter configuration mode by typing “configure”. Enter your configuration password, if necessary.
In this section, we’ll:
- Set the destination for sending flow packets.
- Set the timeout for when we want NetFlow configuration to expire (never, so a large number is set).
- Enable polling and sampling on all interfaces for which we want to collect flow.
- Commit these changes to memory.
For the second line of configuration, you need to pre-determine the port address range for which you’d like to export flow. For example, if you’re going to monitor your switch’s uplink port, ge-0/0/0, you’d enter “set sflow interfaces ge-0/0/0”. Rinse and repeat that command to configure each additional interface for which you’d like to monitor flow.
On your switch, type:
set sflow collector 22.214.171.124 udp-port 20013
set sflow interfaces ge-0/0/0
set sflow polling-interval 20
set sflow sample-rate egress 1024