Auvik supports the sending of alert notifications and inventory to ConnectWise Manage Cloud and ConnectWise Manage On Premise. Both can be managed from your MSP dashboard for all clients.
To ensure your Auvik - ConnectWise Manage integration works correctly, use the resources below in the order they’re shown. As well, the ConnectWise Manage service boards you’ll use with the integration must be fully configured and active. If a service board or its status are inactive, Auvik alerts won’t create or update tickets in ConnectWise Manage.
Although Auvik supports both ConnectWise Manage Cloud and On Premise, when you create a new ConnectWise Manage integration in Auvik, it defaults to ConnectWise Manage Cloud. You don’t have the option to select ConnectWise Manage On-Premise.
But don’t worry—even if you have a self-hosted instance of ConnectWise Manage, if it can be accessed outside of your office without a VPN connection, cloud is the way to go.
If your self-hosted instance of ConnectWise Manage can’t be accessed outside of your office without a VPN connection, contact Auvik support and we’ll work with you to get your ConnectWise Manage integration set up properly.
- Configure ConnectWise Manage:
Now that you've completed the initial setup of ConnectWise Manage and created the integration in Auvik, you can map your Auvik clients to your ConnectWise Manage companies.
With your clients mapped we can move on to configuring Auvik and ConnectWise Manage for inventory sync. If you don’t plan to sync inventory, you can jump down to configuring Auvik and ConnectWise Manage for alert notifications to create tickets in ConnectWise Manage.
- Configure ConnectWise Manage for inventory:
- Configure Auvik for inventory sync:
Configuring Auvik and ConnectWise Manage for alert notifications requires a bit of setup on both sides.
- Configure ConnectWise Manage for tickets:
- Configure Auvik for alerting ConnectWise Manage:
- Configure ConnectWise Manage. Create a new integrator login.
- Before you save the new integrator login in ConnectWise Manage, create a new integration in Auvik. Copy the the callback URL from Auvik and paste it into the Callback URL field in ConnectWise Manage.
Finally, here’s how to keep an eye on inventory and events.
- View your inventory mapping details.
- View the communication history between Auvik and ConnectWise Manage.
If you experience any issues with your Auvik / ConnectWise Manage integration, see How do I troubleshoot issues with my Auvik / ConnectWise Manage integration? for possible resolutions.