You’re trying to deploy Auvik using the bash script installer. Ubuntu installs successfully, SSH is installed, but you’re finding the following issues:
- From your Ubuntu console, you can’t ping an internal or external IP address or hostname except for your hypervisor.
- Rebooting the Auvik virtual machine temporarily solves the issue but the issue resurfaces after a minute or two.
- Attempting to run the Auvik bash installer script when the above issues are present results in the script hanging.
The most likely culprit is that your Hyper-V host server (hypervisor) network interface cards (NICs) are using Broadcom chipsets. There’s a known compatibility issue with certain Broadcom driver versions deployed on Windows that can lead to such behavior.
Possible solutions to the problem:
- Follow the resolution steps at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2902166
- If you have a non-Broadcom NIC you can use, configure your Auvik virtual machine and vSwitch so that the VM’s traffic is passed through the non-Broadcom NIC.