A number of devices — including cameras, handhelds, IP phones, mobile phones, and tablets — use a simple dashboard for displaying device detail.
This is what’s available on a simple dashboard:
Several tabs are also available for accessing more detail.
Provides you with inventory details about the handheld device:
- IP address(es)
- Network(s) it belongs to
- Device type
- Make and model
KPIs (key performance indicators)
Located next to the device details.
- Online Status indicates the last known discovered status (up or down).
- Online Interfaces indicates how many of the device’s interfaces are currently online. Click the number to pull up a list of the interfaces that are online. You can filter the list to show only certain interfaces. For more information on filtering, see How to filter data in Auvik.
- Open Alerts indicates how many alerts are open for the device. Click the number to pull up a list of the alerts. You can filter the list to show only certain alerts. For more information on filtering, see How to filter data in Auvik.
- Credential status indicates the current status for device credentials, including SNMP, login, WMI, and VMware credentials.
The device isn’t running the services for the credential type.
Auvik won’t try credentials on the device based on its type (e.g., printer).
Auvik has the correct credentials for the device.
Auvik needs credentials for the device.
Auvik is trying credentials for the device.
Device is not currently supported by Auvik (e.g., missing CLI specification)
A simple dashboard has a number of tabs and menus that can be clicked for more detail. In each section, you can filter the list to show only certain details. For more information on filtering, see How to filter data in Auvik.
- Networks provides a list of all networks associated with the simple. To see the dashboard for a specific network, click on the row for a network.
- Interfaces provides a list of all interfaces associated with the simple. To see the dashboard for a specific interface, click on the interfaces row.
- Services provides a list of all discovered services running on the simple. To see all other devices running the same service, click on the row for a service.
- Alerts provides a list of all alerts that have been triggered for the simple.
- Notes provides a list of all notes that have been added for the simple. To view note details, click the row for a specific note.
- Debug provides you with tools to help troubleshoot issues with the simple.
- OID Monitors provides a list of OIDs that have been mapped to the simple along with their current values.