The home dashboard gives you an overview of your entire network. Any element of the dashboard can be clicked to access more detailed information.
The following graphs are displayed on the home dashboard:
- SSL VPN sessions
- Top device usage
- KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Top device utilization
- Internet connections
Several tabs are also available for accessing more detail.
Top device usage
Displays the top seven devices on your network by usage per second for the selected date range. To see the dashboard for a specific device, click the device’s row.
KPIs (key performance indicators)
Located next to the top device usage.
- Open Alerts indicates the numbers of open alerts on your network, organized by severity (emergency, critical, warning, informational) and paused state. To see all alerts by severity, or paused state, click the arrow next to the counts.
- Component statuses (VMware hypervisors) indicates the state of components on your network hypervisors. To see the details for all components in a certain state, click the arrow next to the counts.
- Online Network Elements indicates how many network elements associated with your network are currently online. Click the number to pull up a list of the elements that are online.
- Detected Misconfigurations indicates how many misconfigurations have been detected on your network by Auvik. Click the number to pull up a list of misconfiguration alerts.
Top device utilization
Displays the top seven devices on your network by CPU, memory, and disk utilization percentage for the selected date range. To see the dashboard for a specific device, click the device’s row.
Displays the default gateway(s) Auvik has discovered and the bandwidth for each connection.
See How do I manage Internet connections? for more information on how to add, edit, delete, or view details for your Internet connections.
SSL VPN sessions
Displays the number of SSL VPN sessions in use, the peak value reported by a firewall, and the capacity entered for each firewall. VPN monitoring is supported only on Cisco ASA 55xx (ASA v.8.0 or higher), SonicWall TZ series, and SonicWall NSA series (SonicOS 5.8 or higher) firewalls.
See How do I edit device details? for more information on how to add, edit, or view maximum SSL VPN sessions for your firewalls.
The home dashboard has a number of tabs and menus that can be clicked for more detail. In each section, you can filter the list to show only certain details. For more information on filtering, see How to filter data in Auvik.
- Networks provides a list of all discovered networks. To see the dashboard for a specific network, click on the row for a network.
- Devices provides a list of all discovered devices. To see the dashboard for a specific device, click on the row for a device.
- Interfaces provides a list of all interfaces associated with devices on your network. To see the dashboard for a specific interface, click on the interfaces row.
- Services provides a list of all discovered services. To see which devices are running a service, click on the row for a service.
- Components provides a list of all hypervisor components. To see the status of each component, click on the row for a component.
- Alerts provides a list of all alerts that have been triggered for your network.
- Notes (located under Documentation) provides a list of all notes that have been added for your network. To view note details, click the row for a specific note.
- Reports (located under Documentation) provides a list of the preconfigured reports that can be run.
- Configurations provides a list of current configuration backups for all network devices. It also allows you to export a copy of the backup.
- Debug provides you with tools to help troubleshoot issues with devices on the network.
- OID Monitors provides a list of OIDs that have been mapped to all devices along with their current values.