New to Auvik? This Getting Started Guide will help you get up and running quickly.
1. Register, download and install the Auvik collector
If you haven’t already done so, complete the signup form to start your free Auvik trial. It only takes a few seconds.
After your new Auvik account has been created, you’ll be logged into your new account. Follow the instructions in the MSP wizard to start creating your client accounts. Determine which installation option you want to use for your new clients.
Tell me more
- How do I activate an account?
- What is the Auvik collector and what does it do?
- Auvik collector deployment strategies for MSPs
- What installation options are available?
Something not working as expected during installation? Refer to the known issues articles available.
If the issue you’ve encountered isn’t on this list, contact our support team.
2. Watch as Auvik discovers your network
Auvik can identify over 7,000 devices from more than 230 vendors. You’ll notice the map change in real time as we identify and place new devices into your map. Initial discovery can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of your network.
As we discover new devices, we’ll prompt you to enter credentials for them. The credentials help Auvik profile devices, capture their configurations, and begin logging statistics.
The more devices we can log into, the more accurate our mapping and monitoring will be — so fill out as many of these credential requests as you can.
Timesaving tip: You can add common credentials that we’ll automatically try on all devices that match a specified filter. This saves you from manually entering the same credentials more than once.
Tell me more
- What information about my network does Auvik collect?
- How does Auvik discover network topology and device information?
- How do I start, stop, edit, or delete management for devices?
- How do I approve, add, or delete networks to be scanned?
- How are my credentials used?
- How do I add, edit, delete, or retry SNMP credentials?
- How do I add, edit, delete, or retry login credentials?
- How do I add, edit, delete, or retry WMI credentials?
- How do I add, edit, delete, or retry VMware credentials?
- What communication protocols does Auvik use?
- How do I manage discovery settings?
- How do I manage cloud controllers?
- How do I export my discovery administration data?
- How do I troubleshoot device credentials
Something not going as expected with the discovery of your network? Check our knowledge base articles for help with common solutions.
Didn’t find the information you’re looking for on this list? Contact our support team.
Now you’re done and ready to start exploring.
Remember, we’re always here to help. There are a couple of ways to get in touch.
- While logged into Auvik, open the Chat With Us box in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Submit a support ticket.